Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 65

Today has been a pretty great day!  I got up really tired but by the time I got rolling in 1st hour I was feeling pretty good.

I ran and picked up some apples, yogurt and lunch meat at lunch and I'm normally not an apple (alone) person, but my brother, and then a student, turned me on to Honey Crisp Apples.  OH MAN they are good!  Normally I get a dry, waxy aftertaste with apples.  These are sweet enough that I don't get that!  This is a pretty exciting food development for me!


On another food note...  THE WEATHER HAS BEEN GORGEOUS HERE!  Hubs and I decided to grill tonight and MAN did we grill!  We did steaks with veggie skewers (mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, green bell peppers) steamed broccoli, grilled corn on the cob, and loaded potatoes au gratin.  HOLY COW it was amazing!  AND HEALTHY!

We hit the Y tonight after dinner and I did my weight circuit plus I added a couple more ab exercises onto my circuit!  At one point I was grabbing a weight off the rack and pinched my knuckle between the weight and the rack.  Tore some skin and swelled up a bit but it's all good now.  A little tender mayhaps, but still...  We played some racquetball and I got hit in the face with the ball.  Knocked my glasses into my nose and onto the floor.  We were really concerned they would be broken but it ended up ok!  It was a rough night for me!  LOL!  I'm telling ya, getting healthy really WILL kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment