Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 68

Today was a pretty rough day at school but turned out to be a pretty good evening! 

*J* and I did the 30 minute run tonight and SUCCEEDED!  I didn't track my running distance but with the 5 minute warm up and cool down I went 2.79 miles!  We've officially finished the 8 week program.  We're not quite to a 5K yet, but we've got a plan for that!

I was also trying to find a solution for my McDonald's dilemma.  You see, I'm taking a bunch of my kids to see STOMP and the only place to eat efficiently on the way is..  Dun DUn DUH!  McDonald's.

Now, I haven't had Fast Food since I started this diet.  That's 68 days with no fast food.  HOLY COW, that's a long time!  I wanted to be proactive though so I didn't get there and go nuts so I got on Calorie Count and planned what I'd eat ahead of time and GUESS WHAT!  I can have my normal breakfast, my normal lunch, a Southern Style Chicken Sandwich combo with fries and an iced tea for dinner, my normal kiwi snack AND another fiber antioxidant bar for the road.  AND I'M STILL UNDER MY CALORIE GOAL!  I'm really glad that I can eat pretty regularly and still stay on track.  I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do for exercise tomorrow, but I'll figure something out.

I'm contemplating taking all the kids that are going to be amped up and excited about STOMP in my room tomorrow on a run around the school.  It'll burn some of their energy, get me some running in AND they'll get to run in the school with permission.  I don't want to get all sweaty though, so we'll see if we really do this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment