Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 42

Today has been a tough decision day.  Hubs and I are traveling this weekend and that means a lot of temptation and bad food.

We went out to breakfast with my Dad and Brother this morning.  I planned what I was going to eat before I got there so I knew exactly how much I could eat.  I didn't necessarily eat the best foods but I did stick to what I logged.

After breakfast we traveled to Hub's parent's house.  We didn't have lunch because of our big breakfast but that was where the easy decisions stopped.  I thought I'd offer to make dinner for everybody so I could at least control what I ate, but everyone else wanted to order out for pizza.  I did my good little girl act and looked up my potential meal on calorie count and figured I could have 1 slice of pizza, 2 cheese sticks with sauce and a half salad, which was honestly quite enough food for me.

I'm just a little frustrated right now because Hub's kinda went food crazy all day.  He ate and ate and didn't seem to care.  It's hard to be the only one trying to make good food choices, but it becomes even harder when the people who are supposed to be your biggest supporters aren't even defending your choices.  It would have been nice if he would at least say we were on a diet so I wouldn't seem like such a control freak.  I'm already a picky eater and I'm sure this didn't help with his parents view of my meal planning.  I asked him about it and told him it would be nice to have a little more support and basically started a fight because he feels like I'm always shooting down his ideas when we plan menus.  I don't mean to, but I am A VERY picky eater and he just isn't so it's easier for me to choose what we eat and cook it. 

I'm VERY tempted to tell him he gets to plan and cook all of next weeks meals since he feels that way but I know that won't actually solve anything.  I think what I will do is build in one or two days a week where we "Roll our Own" so that he can choose what he eats.  If he wants to eat what I make that's fine, if not he can make his own decisions. 

He isn't as careful about measuring and logging his food and has been complaining lately that he hasn't been losing much weight.  I'm trying to help by portioning out dinner at least so that he knows what to expect, but I'm not going to try if all it is going to do is push us apart.  I need all the support I can get on this deal.  It would be really nice if he was trying as hard as I was...

No comments:

Post a Comment