Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 55

The subtitle to this post should be... Overcoming Temptation.

I got up yesterday morning paid bills, made a quick Wal-Mart trip then went home and had lunch, did dishes, did laundry and straightened up most of the bedroom (the space between Hub's side of the bed and his shelf and dresser is his responsibility and subsequently you can not walk on carpet in that space...  Not that the rest of our room was much better but hey, I cleaned that up,) and packed for my weekend in T-town.

Hub's came home for lunch around 3 and I left for T-town around 4.  I rolled into town and promptly ran into MASSIVE traffic (which isn't much in comparison to say, Baltimore, but for T-town stand still traffic is a big deal.)  There was an accident so I ventured off the highway and looped around to the bypass and ended up only being about 15 minutes later than I thought I'd be meeting my mom, brother, other brother, sister-in-law and BEAUTIFUL niece for dinner at Carrabba's. 

This is where our sub-title comes into play.   I LOVE ITALIAN FOOD.  I love mozzarella cheese, especially fried, I love PASTA, I love meatballs, I love BREAD!  When I got there my family already had a table and appetizers (fried mozz, calamari and bread) and I sat down and started studying the menu. 

I ordered a bowl of Spaghetti and Meatballs with and Italian salad.  I only ate half the spaghetti and meatballs, all of the salad and I DID NOT TOUCH the fried mozz or bread.  It took a lot of restraint to not just say "ta hell with it" and dig in, but I knew that this would be the first of many restaurant trips this weekend and I stayed under my 1800 calorie goal!

I did not, however, consume 2 servings of fruit, eat enough protein or carbs and my sodium was way high.  I didn't exercise either...  Unless you count the 20 minutes I spent flying my niece around the house and playing with her...

All in all we had a fabulous dinner (one where we were there for over 2 hours) and great chill time with family.  My trip was long but it ended in a great time and a good practice of restraint and commitment to this diet!  Now I'm off to go figure out how to control tonight's "Girls Night In" dinner menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment