Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 50

I feel like I'm reporting the same thing over and over again.  Good day/bad day, good food, exercise.  Turns out the middle of a diet is NOWHERE near as interesting as the beginning of a diet!

I guess that's a good sign.  I'm really adjusting to the diet and exercise.  I'm doing well and keep losing every week.  Just gotta maintain that.  I'm still waiting for the ever dreaded plateau.  I suppose I could be proactive and start making a plan of action for when I do plateau.  How DO you get over a plateau.  Keep doing what you're doing or change it up to get over it.  It's an interesting thought.  I've always expected that someday it would happen but never thought much past it.

Ok, I'm rambling.  So here's my day.  We got up this morning and I did my weigh in.  After breakfast and lunch we met *J* to do Day 3 of Week 6, C25K.  Today we did a 5 minute warm-up, 15 minute run, 3 minute walk, 10 minute run and 5 minute cool down.  I actually ended up running 1.87 miles and with the walking 2.55 miles overall!  I can't say that I'm enjoying the running.  I have NEVER enjoyed running.  I don't get a rush of endorphins and feel really good after running.  Mostly I feel tired and stiff and like my muscles are going to kill me.  What I do feel, however, is a sense of accomplishment.  I've been working very hard to get to this point and almost running 2 miles seems crazy to me!  I don't run.  Especially not long distances.  2 MILES!

I've decided to start doing my weigh in at school on Mondays.  I don't like weighing in on Friday's because I think it throws me and makes me panic about the weekend.  I think doing the weigh in on Monday I'll be better prepared and it will more accurately reflect my progress.

Ok, I think this post has been random enough.  Happy Day 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment