Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 36

Today more than made up for yesterday!  I got up around 11 and did my weigh in and was pleasantly surprised with my 2 pound loss.  2 more pounds to go and I'm under 230!  I can't even remember the last time I was under 230.

I ate some lunch then headed to the Y to do my swim and weights that I missed on Friday.  I headed straight from the Y to the grocery store then back to the Y to do Week 5, Day 2 of C25K.  Today looked like this...

5 minute warm-up
6 minute run
1 minute walk
4 minute run
1 minute walk
6 minute run
5 minute cool down

It wasn't as bad as Day 1.  OH MAN!  But Day 3 throws in a 9 minute run followed by a 5 minute run then a 2 minute run.  I can for-see this not going well!  We may repeat week 5 but that's ok because the goal is to be comfortable doing the running!


Alas, this post would not be complete with out a mention of the Super Bowl.  Yes, we are watching but only for the commercials.  I did want to mention that we did a traditional super bowl meal (steak, potatoes, shrooms and corn) tonight and made it a healthy way to keep up tradition.  No munchies or sweets.  I think we're really starting to come around because we could have totally made excuses tonight but we didn't.  We're in it for the long haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment