Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Are Your Eyes Bigger Than Your Stomach?

Well, it's not my eyes exactly.  I am very strict about counting my calories.  I use a great website that does everything for me.  My "problem" as of late is that my mental vision of one serving is WAY to small.  When I'm putting a food in I will look at how many calories are in a serving and if I can afford 2 servings I do it.  Primarily I do this with dinner and dinner is my big calorie splurge of the day.

Anyway, tonight I was inputting dinner and I decided I could have 6 oz of ham and one "potatoes' worth" of my mashed potatoes and a cup of broccoli.  It turns out, though very nutritious and delicious, it was A LOT of food.  I'm talking a good 2 inches of ham and a good 2 cups of mashed potatoes.  I mean, I love me some mashed potatoes but I was surprised when I ended up with so much food after what I saw the calorie count was on my meal.  The whole meal was only around 630 calories.  And I ate every bit of it!  And it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment