Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day Four

So I went back to school today.  I was worried that my new diet plan would mess me up throughout the day.  I get to school between 7:30 and 7:45 each day and I generally have a Sunny D (I know, it's not real OJ but I don't like real OJ because of the pulp and Sunny D has orange flavor and vitamin C so HUSH!) and I'm getting back into taking my vitamins.  (I take a B Complex and a vitamin C supplement cause I'm around A LOT of walking, talking germ factories.)  My first hour ends around 8:45 and then I have 10 min before I get my second hour kids.  I grab a fiber bar and call that good for breakfast.  I then teach two fast paced, kid filled band classes and then I have my lunch break.  I generally work through lunch but I do have an almost complete kitchen in my office...  I have a fridge/freezer, a toaster, a microwave and even a hot plate and what I don't have the teacher's lounge does.  I keep stuff for sandwiches, some soup, chips and some frozen meals on hand and drink tea or water through out the day.

I used to be a HUGE Pepsi fan.  I knew it was bad for me and that I was wasting hundreds, if not thousands, of calories everyday and I decided it was time to make a change around the beginning of October.  I have been soda-free since October 10th!  I even have a half case of Pepsi in my office that I haven't even touched!  I'm not totally caffeine free though.  I have to have it to get through the day.

After I eat lunch I take kids to lunch and have perpetual lunch duty.  I'm on my 4th year of lunch duty everyday and I have to say I'm not a fan.  After the kids lunch I take 5th grade to recess then I have a pre-k music class and then my plan period.  I'm normally pretty busy during this time and after my plan I have another music class and a 7th hour wheel class with the middle school kids.

I stay after school everyday teaching lessons or catching up on copying/chatting with *J*.  This is the time the hunger normally hits and the time I'm worried about blowing my diet.  I have A TON of candy my group is selling in one of my storage rooms and it is SOOOOOOO easy to grab one and take off!  Today I snatched the big tub of pickles from the last game (unopened until today) and had a pickle for a snack.  I figured they couldn't be to bad in calories cause they are a vegetable after all and MAN was I right.  A pickle is 5 calories an ounce and a full dill is normally about 6 ounces.  30 CALORIES FOR A WHOLE PICKLE!  And the ones I have at school are super sour, which I LOVE!  So I have a good snack plan for now.  Until I get sick of pickles that is....


So today after school I hung out with *J* and then came home.  I looked at our menu plan for tonight and realized we didn't have something we planned on having for left overs so I went to the store and bought some carrots and parsnips.  I broiled them in some beef broth and I wasn't impressed.  They still had the funky raw carrot after-taste but I'm not ready to give up yet.  I'm going to do a little research and see if I can't figure out how to get rid of that taste and add those two veggies to my like list!

After hubs got home and ate we went to the Y.  I bumped up my weight training to two sets tonight and then we did 30 min on the bikes.  I really pushed myself tonight and I know Imma be stiff in the morning.  I did some good stretching when we got home and was so low on calories I got to have a before bed snack!  I think I'm doing well and I'm excited to keep it up and see the results!

P.S.

I guess everyone was talking about losing weight at lunch today (not sure because I have lunch duty remember) and someone came up with setting up a Biggest Loser contest at school.  I'M GOING TO OWN THIS CONTEST!  I'm not excited about someone else knowing how much I weigh, but I'm totally going to kick ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment