Sunday, January 1, 2012

Diet, Day One

So we spent last night celebrating the new year with LOTS of food and doing an impossible puzzle.  We  went out with a bang.  Today we start down the road to new us's!

I know there are lots of ways to diet.  There's all the pay as you go programs, programs where you can buy meals, and pills you can buy that boost your metabolism.  You really can get lost in all the diet nonsense.

When I was in High School my mom gave me a book called the FAT book.  It was a book with listings of a bunch of food, their serving size, fat content, and calorie content.  She told me that the key was to track your calorie and fat intake and just set a daily goal.

That advice has always stuck with me.  I have been on and off this diet a lot but have never stuck to it.  There have been a lot of reasons, mostly because I get very busy and give into easy and get take out.  The few times I have stuck to it for a good amount of time I really did see results.  I lost some poundage and it got easier to eat less.

This time I'm determined to make it work.  I am serious about losing 50 pounds before August.  I could really stand to lose about 100 pounds, but that's a lot in a year and I know it will taper off and plateau eventually.

I am not comfortable talking about my weight.  No one but me and my doctor know how much I weigh.  I just feel so ashamed that I have let myself get this bad.  I don't generally have low self esteem.  I enjoy living my life, but I know that I could be living a much healthier life.  So I'm going to put it all out right here.  I'm going to track my progress and write about the ups and downs and hopefully I will make some real progress.


Day One:  Weight: 245lbs
                  Waist: 45 inches
                  Pant Size: 22/24
                  Shirt Size: XL/XXL

No comments:

Post a Comment