Monday, January 30, 2012

Serving Size?

I made some Jasmine rice the other day for dinner.

On the package it said that 1/4 cup was 70 calories. 

This simple statement started the biggest confusion on serving size I've ever had!

My issue was this:  1/4 cup of dry rice is 1/2 cup of cooked rice and the package didn't specify whether the serving size was dry or cooked.

I asked everyone I could think of...  Facebook, Caloriecount, my hubs...  Everyone kept coming up with different answers. 

Finally I got in contact with a nutritionist through caloriecount and managed a straight answer!

1/4 cup dry is 70 calories, so is 1/2 cup cooked!  The calorie content doesn't change unless you use broth or something like that.  The same goes for pastas too.  I know it was a big question I needed answered clearly so I thought you might too.

No comments:

Post a Comment