Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 10

Day 10 was a tough one and I think I pushed a bit too far today.

I had a meeting at school this morning so I had to be there 15 min earlier than normal.  I know for most people that's no big deal, but I am a get up and get out in 10 minutes kind of person.  I sleep until the very last second and then get up with just enough time to get dressed and get out the door.

Now I forgot to take my multi-vitamin yesterday morning so I made a mental note to take it before I left this morning, which I did, on an empty stomach.  Not a good idea.  I wasn't feeling to hot when I got to school and I WAS SLEEPY.  Mornings and I just DO NOT get along.  My stomach settled down after I got some OJ in me but I had to battle the sleepies all day. 

I also had a hard time not snacking today.  I need a better lunch plan, one that's more filling for the same amount of calories as I'm intaking now.  I'm going for a big salad tomorrow and hopefully that will do the trick with my yogurt instead of my PB&J.  (Mental note, must get up earlier than normal to make salad in the morning...)

I made dinner as soon as I got home and ended up having a pretty great nutrition day!  I'm really frustrated with my potassium and carb level though.  I CAN NOT EAT ENOUGH.  It's crazy.  I had a pretty big potato with  my dinner and STILL didn't get enough potassium.  I looked into supplements tonight and they're just not worth it.  They only provide 3% of the daily value and I'm currently only getting about 35%.  Now, that's 35% of 4,700 mg's so I'm still eating a frikin LOT of potassium.  Frustrating.

I went swimming tonight and *J* joined me since she couldn't run (her ankle is jacked.)  I ended up swimming 55 lengths in 40 minutes which is pretty good but, as I figured out later, totally unnecessary.  I'm not sure how I came up with this number but I did and I did it all right.  Maybe a bit overdone actually.  I really need to be swimming  2 miles a week to meet my goal and if I'm swimming 3 days a week I need to swim (about) 24 laps (48 lengths) a day.  I guess I didn't go too far over, but still.  My body is already feeling it. 

That coupled with Week 2, Day 3 of C25K and about 10 minutes on the rockwall at the Y.  OVERDONE.  Yep...  Over did it today.  Whoops.  Hope I don't feel too awful tomorrow.  I teach and have to be energetic and on my feet all day.  Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment