Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 14

Today could have gone SOOOOO badly.  I am visiting my Mom this weekend and she is notorious for eating out.  Especially when there is company.  It's not necessarily a bad thing, because I rarely eat out when I'm at home, but I knew it would be a challenge to come here and be eating out for most of our meals.

I was mentally prepared to go over my calories.  We planned to eat out for lunch AND for dinner and we went bowling and got a GIANT bag of pop corn.  Now, I've told you about my weakness for pop corn...  BUT I kept as close track of my calories as I could today.  They gave us 8 oz cups at the bowling alley for our tea and I used mine to measure out my popcorn servings and I let myself indulge and have 3 cups.  I only ate half of my sandwich at lunch and I piled on the veggies at the Mongolian grill we ate at and went for noodles instead of rice.  I think I made good decisions all day AND I went to the gym with Mom this morning and did weights and 20 minutes on the bike.

I did have a bigger than normal day but I stayed under 1800 calories (I think)!  I'm pretty proud of myself!  I even talked my Mom OUT of the Baskin Robbin's Ice Cream across the street from where we had dinner.  I LOVE THEIR PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM!  Hubs and I are even leaving early enough to be home in time to go to the Y before they pool and rock wall close!  YAY FOR GOOD/HEALTHY DECISIONS!

I weigh in tomorrow and I'll be using a foreign scale so I might use tomorrow as an unofficial weigh in and do one Monday morning at home.  I'm hoping for some more progress than I saw on Friday, but that was still more of a loss than last week so I'll take it!

I couldn't be happier about my restraint and dedication today.  I know I need days like these to let go and take a break and I'm glad I know I can do it without blowing my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment