Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 18

Today has been a long day!

I am having a SERIOUS case of  "want to break the diet and grab a candy bar"-itis.  It's almost all I can think about, but so far I have managed to quash the impulse.  I even picked up a Kit-Kat today.  Saw the calories on it and set it back down.  OH MAN!  I'm trying to save that candy bar for the day I REALLY need it.  So far I've only come about half way.


I'm not sure I'm going to make the work out tonight.  My body is starting to revolt!  My back has been acting up for the past two days and yesterday I fell off my podium (I stepped on a plastic box and stubbed my pinky toe pretty good).  Today I must've rolled my ankle or something random and now the side of my foot is really, really tender.  Not to mention I'm super soar from bumping weights up the last time I lifted.  I'm taking Ibuprofin and my foot is wrapped and elevated but still hurting.  Hub's and I were going to play racquetball tonight, but it might be wise for me to take the night off.  I just worry that I won't want to step back up tomorrow night.  I just have to make the best decisions I can and know that I'm totally committed to seeing this through!  SELF-CONFIDENCE, not self-doubt!

I did pretty good again tonight on my Nutrition Grade, 4 days in a row I've been in the A's.  I was a B+ but then I added another serving of fruit salad and WHAM!  A!  I like having a good grade point average.  Being able to track it so easily has really effected the way I eat.  I was not originally planning on changing my diet too much, but I find that little nutrient chart VERY motivating.  We haven't changed a TON, but I have done more than I thought I would.  Here's what I've done so far...

1. We are eating TONS of veggies.  Where before we'd have just pasta or just rice, we are eating a veggie or salad with every dinner.

2.  I replaced chips in my lunch with yogurt.  About the same amount of calories but the yogurt is much better for my diet.  I'm not eating the light yogurt, which I'm sure would be better for me, but it's a taste thing.

3.  I replaced my PB&J with Tuna sandwiches for lunch.  Less calories AND more protein.  Not sure how long til I get tired of tuna, but I'll ride the train as long as I can stand it!

4. I'm totally avoiding sweets!  When I have done this diet in the past I padded my calories so I could have chocolate almost everyday.  This almost ALWAYS led to a spiral that broke my diet and made me start buying tons of Gihradeli Carmel Chocolates and Pretzel M&M's.

5.  I'm trying to stay under 1500 calories.  My official goal is 2000, so 1500 is a little low, but most days I'm in between 1250-1400 calories.  If I can adjust to this I can have big days and still stay under 2000 calories and feel like I've totally blown it.  Or I can have that scoop of ice cream with out sacrificing my calorie count for the day.

I know these are all things you should strive for on a diet, but they are things I didn't expect to be doing.  I find myself itching to get on caloriecount and look at my progress!  I'm hoping these things are the difference between BIG me and Little me!

No comments:

Post a Comment