Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day 5!

Today marks day 5 of the new me and it has turned out to be an interesting day! My brother texted me yesterday and said he was going to be in town today and wanted to know if he could stop by school and have lunch. I totally forgot today until I saw his text today, about halfway through my lunch... Luckily it was just the soup that I had eaten so I asked him to stop by Subway and grab me a sub. I was really worried it would throw off my day, but we rearranged things and I've managed to stay under my calorie goal!

Hubs and I went to the Y tonight and I swam another 40 lengths (a little over a half-mile) which puts me at a little over a mile so far this week. They have this program called the 100 mile club. The goal is to swim 100 miles in a year. I think I'm going to sign up. I like having little goals within my big goal of losing weight. Now I know 100 miles is no little goal, but it gives me something to concentrate on other than losing the weight. When I eventually plateau it will help to have something positive to work toward.

I'm also using a calorie site that is offering points for goals reached and the more points you earn the you can choose to recieve gift cards to real websites! I'm super stoked that I can actually be rewarded by continuing what I'm doing. That plus the Biggest Loser and C25K and I've got four little goals in my overall goal to lose weight! I think that's pretty awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment