Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Diet, Day Three


So I'm doing pretty well on this diet.  I'm not to sure about hubs...  He's prone to middle of the night snacking and loses control when he gets hungry.  He just needs to change his mindset!

Yesterday hubs and I sat down and wrote out a meal plan for the week.  We planned out lunches and dinners for the days we would both be home for lunch and dinner and we're only running into one problem so far...  I don't like veggies!  I mean, I do, just very few of them.  I like potatoes, corn, green beans, broccoli and cauliflower.  I can eat carrots if they've been roasted to death, but I'm not a fan of them (as a dinner veggie) otherwise.  I will snack on them dipped in ranch dip though!  Anyway, we're having a hard time finding sides for dishes with such a limited veggie selection.  I may have to add carrots to the veggie list for next week!  I'm also going to try and do some research on veggies and try to expand my horizons.  I KNOW I don't like spinach (on it's own, I like it in stuff), asparagus, squash or zuchini.  I'm a terribly picky eater!

So instead of just thinking of things to eat and putting it on the list I actually sat down and looked up calorie content and serving sizes on each of the foods we put on the list.  This way we can glance at the week and know how much we have for breakfast and lunch!  I have a pretty set menu for breakfast and lunch because I'm at school for both of those meals.  I'll have a granola bar and some OJ for breakfast and then around 11 I'll have a sandwich and some chips/pretzels/popcorn and water or tea.  I've also really gotten into the Stouffer's Bistro soups and sandwiches.  They're pretty low in calories and just the right size for lunch.  They're also pretty tasty!  I especially love the Tomato Bisque with the Ham and Cheese sandwich!  Yumm!  Since I have a short week at school this week (we start tomorrow) I grabbed 3 of those for lunches for the rest of the week.

So far I've been doing well about staying full and not being hungry.  I've been tempted to do some boredom snacking, but I'm sticking to the diet!  I've even come in REALLY low the past two days so I've been able to have a s'more for dessert and stay around 1500 calories.  I fear I've been doing so well because I'm sleeping in and not getting up in time for breakfast.  I find that when I go back to school I'm so active that I get hungry between breakfast and lunch.  I can normally hold off on eating, mostly because I don't have time, but after school is a different story.  I'm going to have to come up with a snack plan because I don't come home right after school.  I'm often there until 4 or 5 and need something to snack on.  I have a feeling I'll be hitting the pickles pretty hard!  I'm also going to try to keep gum around to chew on so I won't eat anything.


In the past couple of days hubs and I have done day 2 of C25K and last night we went to the Y and did 30 minutes on the bikes and another round of weights plus a little bit of walking.  We're going to do day 3 of week one tonight and I'm thinking about going up to the Y and doing a few laps in the pool while hubs is at work.  I do have a lot of work to do here at home to get ready for school tomorrow and I have A TON of laundry to do and hang up so I'll have clean clothes tomorrow!  Sounds like I have a pretty busy day ahead of me and I should get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment