Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16

Today was pretty great!  I had an in-service day at school and they tried to tempt me with yummy food and boring meetings but I resisted and that's saying something!

This wasn't just any yummy food either.  I teach in a very small town and they have one bakery/lunch place and a bar-b-que joint that are pretty rockin.  The doughnuts from the Bakery are some of the best I've ever had.  Just the right combination of fluffy and chewy to glaze.  I have eaten up to a half dozen in one day before because they are THAT good.  Not to mention the double whammy of the CHOCOLATE GLAZED doughnuts.  OOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhh.   I wanted one.  I really, really wanted one, but I did not give in.  I had my fruit and OJ for breakfast and sat back there smelling doughnuts and watching everyone eat them and told myself that I was TOTALLY gonna win Biggest Loser.

They also served barbecue for lunch from the local place.  I walked back up to my room, fixed a tuna sandwich, grabbed a yogurt and a fiber bar and a bottle of water and walked back down just in time to watch everyone eating the cobbler.  MAN  doughnuts and cherry cobbler in the same day!  I was good and stuck to my guns.  The skinny me is going to thank the present me in 6 months!

Hubs and I went to the Y and did weights and played a pretty great game of racquetball tonight.  I was SWEATING hard.  Like, I must have sweated a whole bottle of water during that half-hour.

I also got an A- on my nutrition day!  Now if only I could get in bed at a decent hour.





No comments:

Post a Comment