Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 23

Day 23...  Day 23...  What to say about day 23. 

I think today went fairly well.  Work was a little tough.  I got hungry after 1st hour and after 3rd hour I was definitely ready to eat.

My back was bothering me pretty good by lunch but after I downed some ibuprofin I was good to go.

I came home and relaxed for a bit while I cooked dinner and then headed to the Y and FINALLY finished LAST weeks swimming!

My progress is as follows!

414 lengths/7000 laps

2 miles of swimming closer to my 100 mile goal!

After I swam I did some stretches for my back then met the hubs and did weights.  I added the torso twist machine back into my regiment but at a REALLY low weight.  I'm pretty sure this was the machine that screwed me over in the first place.  I'm trying to rebuild strength in my back in hopes it will help get rid of the pain or at least lessen it.

Against my better judgment we played a quick game of racquetball before we left.  I tweaked my back just a bit during the game so I'm sitting here with a heat bag on my back and I'm going to attack some more ibuprofin before bed.  I love me some ibuprofin.

Hubs tore his foot up tonight at work so I'm not sure he'll be running tomorrow.  I'm making him ice and elevate and hoping he'll be good to run tomorrow.  Here's hoping we'll BOTH be able to run tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment